Centella asiatica – leaf
When the ‘doctrine of signatures’ (some visible or other clue that indicates a plant’s therapeutic use) is considered the leaf looks very much like the human brain, particularly the cerebellum portion, bringing to attention the mind strengthening and cognitive supportive aspects of this herb.
Primary: nervine tonic, adaptogenic, venotonic, depurative.
Secondary: anti-inflammatory, antifibrotic.
- To support healthy memory function.
- Reduce swelling and symptoms of traumatic injuries.
- To support healthy connective tissue, muscles and joints.
- To support healthy peripheral circulation, and provide relief of heaviness and swelling in the legs.
- To support vascular integrity.
- To help reduce inflammation during formation of scar tissue.
Contra-indications and Cautions
Professional supervision is suggested during pregnancy and lactation.
Administration and Dosage
The analysis of contents below is a guide only, product specific data including expiry date is with the item in the shop.
Centella asiatica 1:1. Each 1 ml contains 1,000mg of dry herb.
Liquid extract in 45% ethanol. Use 10 to 40 ml weekly.
Our clinic uses fluid extracts from Optimal Rx, Herbal Extract Company, Nutrition Care, Mediherb or Sunray Botanicals, in this order.
Of parsley family – Brahmi.
Helps maintian healthy neurotransmitter function and mental alertness and memory.
Supports connective tissue.