This is a new page to catalogue various nutrient information.
RETURN TO PREVIOUS PAGE – use back arrow above.
This amino acid performs the most biochemical functions of any amino acid.
- Constituent of collagen, glutathione and many protein hormones
- Displaces Glyphosate (Roundup) from cell receptors as a primary detoxification method for this poison
- Increases growth hormone release
- Needed for creatine, haemoglobin and stress protein HSP70 production
- Involved in the synthesis of nucleic acids
- Supports liver detoxification, lowers triglycerides
- Detoxifies phenols, salicylates, benzoic acid, methionine
- Primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system
- Works in concert with GABA as a neuromodulator, improves memory retrieval
- Increases renal clearance of uric acid
- Increases bile salts, involved in bile synthesis
- Reduces residual volume in bladder
- Modulates the activity of hepatic and alveolar macrophages, neutrophils and lymphocytes
- Has anti-angiogenic effects
- Anti-inflammatory, immunomodulator, cyto-protective